Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Eve of my Birthday

Damn! Once again I face that inevitable feeling of getting old and feeling like I have accomplished nada in the past one year…let alone this lifetime.
Surprisingly, New year is always passed with optimism but as you get older birthdays are passed wit pessimism and scorn.

So am turning 26 wit nothing to show for it!(or so my id convinces me!) The problem we all face is that we all feel like such losers due to pre-set misconceptions of where you should be at a particular point in time! You feel there are so many goals unachieved! So many disappointments thru the single lane highway! You pity yourself! You tend to compare and contrast with the result being depressing! You value success in so many different ways…when all in all you should wake up and smell the coffee. Then again at my age u better wake up earlier cause ur damn well makin that coffee!

Last year I was kicking and screaming chanting “I don’t wanna !!!! I don’t wanna!!” But my consolation last year- was why feel terrible when all my friends are older than I am. I figured if their wrists are intact screw getting sad we’re gonna get old with style.

Here I am 25yrs and 364days old on the brink of turning a day older not a year older!!!
To hell wit what society expects from a 26year old…I’ve come so far living my life doin it my way…living it my own freaky way, that I only know how.

So here’s to the future cause I got thru the past(salt n pepa) Like wine with age the better we become and the more valuable. Reality is reality we all get old so we better get old while full,happy and content wit ourselves.

My bday motto:
-I am happy bout myself! Tsk tsk
-Life has nothing to do wit age-just live life!!!”

At the moment am reminiscing on past celebrations, past gifts…and would like to thank all friends and relatives who’ve been with me always…as much as it is about me its also about y’all

-thank u A.W.J for that roll of toilet paper in 97
-thank u E.N for that tin of celerac wit the words “happy birthday my baby!” in 01
-thank you C.R for the surprise bday bash
-thank u mama mbiyu for all those bday gifts 94-
-thank u J.N for that piece of Holywood u gave me….a cross!
-thank u B.O for that keychain…
-thank u A.N for the spontaneous 3cards and table-ornament despite knowin u for 2weeks
-thank u C.W for the coffee mug

are those all the gifts ever received?

-thank u Mac-for forgetting the exact date of my bday every single year freakin year!!!!
-thank u masud for wishing me a bday wish on ur bday yesterday. Same to u iwoks!
-Thank you class of 88, 86, that sung for me and indulged in a the cake I brought to class (that’s just pathetic how we’d celebrate bday in class!!!)
-thank u mac,mbiyu,masud and mbiyu…my friends… we’ve shared bday’s on the same week
-friends and family thank you all for remembering –via emails,sms,handshakes,cards…milkshakes…
-to all those patients that send me cards….am still yet to figure out how u got my bday …and is it right to accept them anyway.

so when its time to blow the proverbial candles i know what lies in my heart...and i am ok wit it!

Peace of mind to all of you!!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger nick said...

hey there!! wanna wish u a blessed birthday!!! you dont look a day over 26(ha cheap joke!)

happy birthday!!!

(*no way i was gonna risk not havin a wish posted!)

3/16/2005 12:12 PM  
Anonymous the patron saint said...

how is this for a birthday gift alias season 4 dvd 1 (ep1-11) ?

3/16/2005 1:10 PM  
Blogger LifeMoments said...

Gosh I didn't know you are that desperate for comments.

I know you are turning 70 but I won't tell; it will be our secret.

Anyway, from my hearts bottom, my thou have a blessed life and may thine dreams come true (but not the ones you dream at night).

Happy birthday

3/16/2005 2:26 PM  
Blogger Magaidi said...

Happy 62...oops 26th bday boy!!You know, I wonder, yaaani you used to take a cake to school on your bday? aiiiiiii!OK so look at it this way, if you're 26 and M.O.1 is 80-somthing, you have like 50-somthing years to get to look like him. I say hire a stripper, call your ex, tap that fly chic's ass, hell even call an x-rated hotline. You only live once.

(I do apologize to women who get offended but that is life and we are not related. eat me!)

3/16/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger kashata said...

Happy Birthday Nicholas,enjoy it to the maximum!
lol@the roll of Tp gift,
double lol@your leaving a bday greeting on your own post.

3/16/2005 6:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

Happy birthday you old bag!

3/16/2005 6:18 PM  
Blogger Kenyan Pundit said...

Happy Birthday!

3/16/2005 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Ms K said...

Gatho they actually went and gave you a medical licence??!!!! :-)

Happy birthday though. Eh, that leaving a wish on the comments....... WEIRD!!!

@Magaidi
Ati eat you? Ebu kuja hapa!

3/16/2005 9:54 PM  
Blogger s! said...

Happy Birthday cheapskate, green slime, and all the other names that i usually call you but am too lazy to type now! :-P

(ati 26, when we all know you were twenty five some five years ago!!)

3/17/2005 12:57 AM  
Anonymous Mama JunkYard said...

Nicholas..
Are you seeking attention again? Ati cos Ms K had a birthday and got many comments..pia wewe its your birthday?

I am not buying into this unless I see a birth cert. Passport. Kitambulisho. Kila kitu.

3/17/2005 3:08 AM  
Anonymous Mentalacrobatics said...

Keep on Keepin' on!
Have a good one!

3/17/2005 3:23 AM  
Blogger bee said...

Happy birthday to you
this is your day
always lalallalala
gonna love everyday

this is you day
your lallal
Haaaaaaapy birthday
always lalallala
gonna love you everyday....

Okay I can't remember the words but I attempted a KBC impression.

3/17/2005 8:48 AM  
Blogger The Desert Warrior said...

How young!
I remember back back when I was 26...kui do not out me...wait my age is on my blog page opps. Anyway this is my time to feel superior and a mother hen...my son live life to the fullest and love every age. LOVE IT!

3/21/2005 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home