Friday, March 17, 2006

27

Dear Nick,

Wassup, how you doing?

I write this letter to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wow, I have known you for 27 whole years. We have had some good times and bad…but most of all we have kept each other company ever since we realized we were all that we had! WE have been best friends/companions/confidants…heck even lovers...a relationship we have have finely perfected.

I know sometimes you feel disappointed in me. I see how you look at me in the mirror; I can see your face there looking at me. With your beautiful big brown eyes, with streaks of red, and splashes of jaundiced yellow! You never see what I see, and I just realized I never see what you see. I look at you and you look at me-and we see different things. You have to realize that even when I feel like u dislike/loathe me- I must admit- I on the other hand think you have come pretty far with outstanding achievements. Then again, pity does become me, when I also see the failure that you see. But remember you were right there and you cannot cast judgment or criticism for any failure or success.

However, I am not writing to dampen your spirits. No weight jokes! I am here to celebrate with you as we celebrate YOU! Wow 27…did you ever see it coming? Think of all those old-jokes you cracked! They were funny too! And now you are so close to 30, all of a sudden those jokes are no longer funny.

Think of when you turned 8 and started collecting birthday cards.How about at 5, how I'd try to sneak up on you in the mirror to see if you'd appear same time as I did. Oh, and when we turned 18 and got adulthood all wrong. Ha, not forgetting 13 when you cracked your voice in a period of a week-nothing like not quite cracking it completely! Sounding like James Earl Carey in a syllable! Your first slow dance at late 14-arms outward stretched, only contact was my hands her hips, her hands my shoulders…oh the endless jokes on that…we might as well have been in two rooms! The flu at 16! Remember just the other day when we turned 1? Yeah, neither do I!

From friends to family we have pretty much been lucky. The bad times have been there and together we have triumphed and managed to make it through the rain. Been able to stand up once again! As for those cherished hallmark moments…the volleys of laughter...the priceless friendships...cheap jokes…silly side-splitting pranks! Wonderful memories vividly emblazoned in my mind that I’d give my all just to hold them once again. (Enough with the Mariah Quotes) Life has been at its best, even when the future seems foggy and gloom, you should never complain! Never!

So 27 it is. 9x3! 30-3! TSK! TSK! You know better than I am it only means that I am getting to know you better as you are getting to know me too! Remember that naïve goal of having a million shillings in our account by the time we were 30. Well, can’t wait to hear your excuse in 30 years! But 27 is a nice number let it be filled with good luck and good times! So what if we are still clueless on where we are headed to? So what if we aren’t married with twins on the way! So what if life has become a series of monotony! We are at a point where we know what we want and what crap we are gonna put up with. At the end of the day when the sun goes down, it boils down to just the two of us…perhaps the occasional zit! Just you and me! Let me strive to make you happy with what you see in the mirror and let me rejoice at what I see in turn.

So, happy birthday once again. Enough with the suicidal/depression jokes. Keep on smiling and spreading laughter. Live life! Focus some more like you always did. Don’t give up for it’s always the easy way out. Patience…tolerance…Sense of humor and we will get thru to 28…LORD it just hit me after today I am now next turning 28! Ok panic mode!

Yours Sincerely,
Nick.


43 Comments:

Blogger Milonare said...

Nambari?

3/16/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Yaas yaas yaas...

Yu'd better believe your eyes. Milo first in da house!!

*wiggles thutha generously*

Now to the post!

3/16/2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Happy Birthday Bro

Lakini pao seven is a ka-youngie LOLOL

This was an interesting post to read given the info revealed in a humorous way...

Kumbe there's a deep side behind the Fanta-guzzling, joke-making looney?

Wow

Happy Birthday tena

Where are OUR presents?

3/16/2006 7:45 PM  
Blogger Acolyte said...

@ Milo
stop gloating!
@ Nick
I didnt know dudes took b-days that seriously!Esp since it ain't the big 3-0!But it is still a good thing to look deep within and know where you are going and where you are and where you come from!

3/16/2006 7:53 PM  
Blogger strawberries are said...

Mr.Gichu I like, happy happy birthday. What a nice tribute. Enjoy in 3yrs you're sentences will begin like"when I was in my 20's.......". May God bless you abundantly.Happy birthday!!.

3/16/2006 8:12 PM  
Anonymous mshairi said...

I have just had a quick look at your posts last year around this time, nephew Nick. Some bloggers and non-bloggers from that time have been awol for a looong time. Anyway, less stories, more celebration - I wrote this silly little poem for you last year and I think it still holds:

In a short while
You have established your style
‘coz our blog, young Nick
Is really cool and slick
I hope we’ll soon meet
I think you are very sweet
I pray you soon acquire
All the things you desire
And wish you a happy birthday
May only good things come your way!

Have a great day tomorrow. This time, do something crazy i.e. mix the fanta with fanta:)

Lots and lots of love from onty:)

3/16/2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Whispering Inn said...

That was a nice tribute to you from yourself!

Happy Birthday my fanta-guzzling friend and many more!

Cheers!

3/16/2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger Brother Jero (BJ) said...

Happy Birthday Nick.

Pewa 3 beers on me and chunga puliza pums.....

3/17/2006 12:34 AM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

Happy birthday 'baby'face!
Have many more!

3/17/2006 1:18 AM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

happy b'day dear nikorus...dear nikorus..happy 'bath...day' dear nikorus. happy birthday...dearx2
happy birthday dear nikorus!

3/17/2006 1:35 AM  
Anonymous Tee J said...

Lol @ "heck even lovers...a rlshp we have finely perfected" ha you had to go there lol.

Enyewe Nick this is lovely. You definitely have accomplished alot for your age. I just turned 27 the other day and let me tell u I got depressed..just for that day..coz that's when it really hit me that I'm not young anymore. We should thank God tho for getting us to where we are right now and for our accomplishments

Happy Birthday Nick!

Do something crazy this wknd/this yr before the dreaded 28..I know I'm dreading 28...lets not even talk or think about the big 30 right now :)

Once again, happy bday!

3/17/2006 6:14 AM  
Blogger Shiroh said...

Concubine sneaks in, Can you see the big cake. The weight of those candles my dear Nick.

HAPPY B/DAY

Loveliest day.

Good tribute;

gigling at we have been lovers tsk tsk tsk

3/17/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

Happy Siku ya kuzaliwa #.
Can you smell the thing in the Tic Tac white box yeah yeah we will feast on that when #1 and 2 sleep..


#2 No inside info lest I tell ma

3/17/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Wangari said...

happy birthday nick!!
you are a star and i hope you have a fabulous year ahead..

3/17/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger KenyanMusings said...

Nicky, next when you give me leaka, don't tell the whole town as well. I am number 10? Shindwe! Milo you were so leaked to as well.....

3/17/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger KenyanMusings said...

Nicky if you are gonna gimme leakage, please don't tell the whole town!! I mean, I might as well have come on my won. I see you are telling Milo. There is no other explanation! Number 11? No way!

3/17/2006 12:40 PM  
Blogger nick said...

@milo:u know id crack 3* jokes ut nowadays maximium respect man.

@Acos:Yup as the age grows proprtioanly with the waist we tend to get deeper

@S.Berry: sweetie does 30 really exist?


@Onty: Wow yeah i have glanced back 1year ago what happened to dessert warrio,wituu and the rest? thanks for the poem

@Whispy: Can i call u whispy? Yup, cheers to u too

@B.J: asante sana

@Farmgal:i am shaking as u sing..endelea

@TeeJ:someone suggested ice skating..im thinkin about it...ha ur 27 as well my apologies to u as well! ha

@shiroh:asi i thot the weight was coz u were in the cake ready to spring out in surprise?

@naks:u do know the last sibling are always the tightest ama?

@Wangari: thanks you dear!

@KM:hakuna leakeage haki hakuna!

3/17/2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger KenyanMusings said...

And now for what I came to say,
Happy 27th sweets.

That was super beautiful....LOL@ excuse at 30.....tihihih! You will be good.

Happy birthday.
kisses.

3/17/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

OOH! Hello you old Dog! Happy Birthday Nicky bear....Don't worry til you hit 30! Then call in the marines ;) l8r g8r

3/17/2006 12:59 PM  
Blogger mama shady said...

hmmm, im a recent fan of your posts!QUITE HOOKED! so i thought it would drop you a quick happy bday! keep laughing and cracking those jokes men, even when you feel like their driest! and eat life...(or whatevers left of it;-) with a BIG spoon!...yumm!

3/17/2006 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Mochalicious! said...

Happy Birthday Nick!

Seeing that it is on the same day as St Paddy's Day.....Guinness extra baridi is on me!

Many Happy returns dude!

MMMMMMWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHH!

3/17/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger Shiroh said...

With your beautiful big brown eyesb

Nimekataa.

Gosh i would never fit in a cake. Now you make me look like a dinosaur.

3/17/2006 3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I let you do this to me!!! I finally commented on your blog....but only coz you are special like that.

I loved your post as per my earlier sms....most of us are way past 27 and can't take an honest look at ourselves. Maybe coz we had like a million points of focus as we were growing up or coz of one or another of the excuses on my mind right now ha.

You have done well for yourself Nick. I wish you the very best in all your endevours...most of all, I wish you love, peace and contentment wherever you go and in all your life's choices.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

N.Kuria

3/17/2006 5:09 PM  
Anonymous Guessaurus said...

Happy Birthday loonie Nick - I remembered you birthday this morning, and then I forgot, and fellow loonie didnt remind me...

Hope you are having a good day, enjoy the rest of it and welcome to old age :D :D :D

3/17/2006 5:46 PM  
Anonymous mentalacrobatics said...

Happy birthday bruv!
Jienjoy!

3/17/2006 6:27 PM  
Blogger Movie Buff said...

Happy Birthday Nick.... hata kama I am like no. 26.....

3/17/2006 7:15 PM  
Anonymous maitha said...

Happy Birthday dude
Hope the package made your day even more merrier and confused kidogo .

3/18/2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger s! said...

wewe! mbona i never see you online siku hizi! hope you had a good, slimy birthday!

3/18/2006 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Daud El Rude(Not Raud!) said...

Christ!! Fat Boy! you made through another year carrying all that weight???

There is a God!

Daud El Rude!( get it right the next time!!!!!!!!)

3/18/2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger LifeMoments said...

that was quite deep..............

and happy birthday.....

3/18/2006 7:15 PM  
Anonymous Guessaurus said...

@Daud - how are you dude -missed you around the blogsphere. This here dude keeps you in the can till he can unleash you when we all least expect.

Hope you are good

@Nicko -how is the Fanta hangover doing?Or is it the 'tato one?

3/18/2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Happy Birthday Nick, enjoy your Bday weekend & don't you dare say anyone in KBW is old bcoz you've just joined the ranks of old men in KBW,lol!

Have Tiramisu on me bro!

3/19/2006 8:11 AM  
Blogger Medusa said...

Happy Happy Birthday Nicholas..I'm in a stare-match with 28, and so far I'm winning...or not!
Hope your day was fabulous..you need to do a movie review, haven't done one in a while-maybe you're just too busy getting old..ha!
Be blessed!

3/19/2006 10:43 PM  
Anonymous The L said...

Dear Nick,
I can't send you any better wishes than you already did yourself. With your kind of wisdom you'll have no problem taking your 30s in stride. Still here's hoping you had a very Happy Birthday!!

L. :)

3/20/2006 3:35 AM  
Blogger Prousette said...

Happy Birthday
Many happy returns.
May you live to have white nostril hairs.

3/20/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger kinyi said...

HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY!
HOPE YOU HAD A LEKKER JOL MY CHOMA (translation: hope u had a great time, my friend---seriouss ask milo, i lie not!)

Hope that before the next one we'll have met in Nai in some top secret location...hehehe...

3/20/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Adrian said...

happy belated birthday nick!

lol @ james earl carey

3/21/2006 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday.. as always you have made my day.

3/22/2006 3:11 AM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

happy belated birthday you!!!!!! muchos love and kipepeo kisses!!!

3/22/2006 2:59 PM  
Blogger Msanii_XL said...

Eish....Thoroughly ashamed.

Happy belated bornday Nick Lardy Lardy...

You no IM no more?

Hope you got to psend time with a real girl this time instead of the deflated one like last year....lol jesting jesting

3/22/2006 6:58 PM  
Blogger Brother Jero (BJ) said...

Some ndombolo for you big guy. Check out my site..

3/22/2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger I-M-Fuloshit said...

The Nicky ladies man is being hawing a birthiday

Merry merry birthiday and happy new 27 years of ages, wery nice!!

Fulo is not really be vishing Nicky the happiness only but is also be looking for Lequita Fuloshita

Vhere is my sveet curry powder ghetto voman?

Fulo is be going wroom-wroooom like the racing car vaiting for Lequita!!!

3/23/2006 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Irena said...

Woiee Nick my friend,I'm so so sorry I missed to wish you a happy birthday but my life has been very hectic lately. Happy belated birthday and for my late wishes , a sandwich on me someday in Kenya ama Tusker?

3/25/2006 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home