Thursday, December 30, 2004

2005

2005:

Unfortunately even though you swear you shall not make a big deal about it-you do! You plan on not making any resolutions but deep down in your subconscious-you make the list nonetheless.

So what is my subconscious thinking of as the day approaches? Do I have visions and dreams? Am not the kinda guy who has long term goals, I just flow with the wind! See what happens-am kind of a pessimist and this way I avoid getting hurt. Hence don’t venture out planning to damn far ahead knowing that hey shit happens! I live each day as it comes….a little boring but it’s what’s brought me so far without any mental breakdowns. Viva short term goals!


So if I believed in New Year resolutions, mine would probably go like this:-

1. Procrastination: A bad habit. I love doing things last minute or letting them wait see if they can get things done on their own self. Evidently that water bill did not get paid on its own. So away with procrastination lets just sort our shit out here and now!!!!
2. You can suck on this!!!! Soray that’s my new motto! Honestly enough with being pushed around or being used. Enough with giving people the benefit of the doubt or being afraid to hurt other’s feelings.
NB: this has nothing to do with being mushy or sentimental. Just that you can please some people some of the time but you can never please every one all the time so: I shall not be used and I shall not bend over backwards to please!!
3. We’re getting old we have got start having a plan of action! Nothing radical but
just have some idea of the direction you’re heading towards.
4. Honestly lets take this blog places.
5. Try keep in touch with lost friends. Hey am not having a funeral that’s gonna be empty… there shall be weeping of masses…
6. Be the best I can be.
7. Give more to charity
8. Spend more on myself
9. Be optimistic as I am pessimistic. The world is a cruel place but lets give it some hope!
10. Maintain the exercise thing that I have been upto since October.
11. Pray more often-and I mean daily. Each night let there be a phone call (collect) to Jesus.
12. Maintain that it is better to receive than to give! Not to use any one! Turn the other cheek! Be more spiritual!
13. Be more informed…a little extra reading won’t hurt(not like it used to anyway.)
14. Give “Hero” a second chance-NOT!!!!!
15. Get more serious! Yah right-if u don’t like me the way I am “suck on this!!!”

Fair enough. So there are lots of things I hope for. Wishes I want to see come true. So I take my stand here and say “I am actually looking for the best out there”

Lets start this year positively and with such karma we can influence events and outcomes and have fulfilling year.
I am waiting for nothing but the best!
I shall claim what’s mine!
I shall not settle for less!

2005 BRING IT!









3 Comments:

Blogger moggaless said...

All I can say is AMEN and all the best as you start your 'race'.

Yours one and only.

1/03/2005 12:08 PM  
Blogger Ka said...

Good luck with it all, as for your number 5 LMAO!!, and you can definetely make long term goals,but try and live in the moment otherwise alot of beautiful things pass you by.

1/05/2005 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicko, Give it up Nicko. Resolutions? Puuuliz!!! Here let me look into the future... is that a blog of Nicko lamenting his not keeping his resolutions? Give it up Nicko!!
-Davo

1/08/2005 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home