Saturday, December 04, 2004

my unpursued dream

I yearn to become an ACTOR!!!

in the past i took part in 4school play productions playin lead roles:
Street People- in 1993 playin innspector Okohobo a crooked corrupt cop
School's Out-1994 a Jamaican teacher with a massive afro
Trials of Brother Chume-1995 poor Chume
H.M.S Pinafore-1997 a musical where i played captain cochran

there is no greater feelin than being on stage being applauded(and booed) the fame..

I yearn to return on stage.if someone was to ask whats the best place to act tv, movie or theatre? THEATRE any day. that aspect of it being live,no space for mistakes or retakes....the audience being there as close as 2metres.... the adrenaline...just to die for!

and u know the best part in acting is not even the final production its the stages that u go thru...the means justifying the ends. the errors...rehearsals...personal jokes...memory lapses...

and thats why when i borrow a dvd i always wanna see the behind the scenes, the gags, spoofs and the makin of each scene...and no one likes that...if u was an actor believe me u would wanna know.

its such a joy! the whole experience!

get me a stage set me loose...free me on a stage... i wanna express myself....until then i shall remain on this stage called a page!!!!

But one day...i shall return to theatre!!!



7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick bana. I saw you acting in those play.For the sake of humanity, please do not get back on stage.
Have pity on us. heheheheheh!

on serious a note, what happened to the voice over job, are you still waiting for them to call?

-Davo

12/05/2004 5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Nick
ul get there.but give fate a push go talk to s'body who'll help u out on this dormant dream before ur skills get rusty.
lve not seen u do ur thing but l bet u bring the house down,with laughter,inter alia.
lieura

12/05/2004 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nicholas am from the V.I. blog which you commented on last week, i believe. To answer your question, the land down under is treatin' me fine.

12/06/2004 8:09 AM  
Blogger moggaless said...

Aren't you the guy who they threw shoes and hats at when he tried to act. Well a word of advice, I would think twice if I were you!

Ps: I didn't know you were into drama since I too was in drama both in High school and a little in college (best actor provincial awards but do I say).

12/06/2004 8:49 AM  
Blogger Calvin said...

H.M.S Pinafore.. hmm.. do you kumbuka how every performance your character picked up new quirks?!! and how you almost fell off the stage??

12/06/2004 10:18 AM  
Blogger Ka said...

With a resume like that,who can deny you a chance?.I think you forgot to include your cameo in kinimacho,i like your blog you are a funny guy,and u most definetely meet all the requirements for admission in Mathare.

12/15/2004 9:48 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

i gotta agree. in fact ever since this post nicko has been missing.. so either he checked himself into mathare directly and saved us all the trouble, ama he tried to become an actor and the director checked him into mathare.. simple!

12/16/2004 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home