Saturday, February 05, 2005

val's cynic

Tis the season of Valentine and many a lasses have already done there shopping for red clad and are ready to get swooned off their feet. Their day has arrived and their hearts set to get spoilt, molly-coddled, treated…and shown how much they are loved!

Is there too much emphasis placed on love…real love for that matter? How many a romantic comedies have there been,that left us retchin:
-Pretty Ho,
-Sleepy in Seattle,
-When Harry Laid Sally,
-An officer and a not-so-Gentleman
-Shakespeare in Lust
-Four funerals and a wedding
-my best friends divorce
-Nothing Hill
-
.....evidently u can tell I have no date this year.

but don't u think that the whole val's think is overated..shouldnt every day be vals not just one specific time

Anyway my topic was the love songs…all those mushy mushy songs…I agree there are some good ones out there(and as u all know by now am totally biased to whatever Babyface has ever written)

But there are songs I’d like to bring out: e.g

Secret Lovers-Atlantic Stars: Oh yes for all those having affairs on the side. “here we are the two of us together….we shouldn’t b together but we can’t let go…no no…cause we love each other so!”

Bump and Grind-R Kelly: “My mind’s telling me NO! but my body….my body’s telling me YES!…|”

Doin just fine-Boyz2Men: If you recently just got dumped but are holding your head up high. “….so unfair to me girl…ur no longer my world…and I aint missing you at all!!!!!”

Sleepin in my bed-Dru Hill: all I can say is that you’re not being arrogant and talking about yourself in the third person. “somebody is sleepin in my bed…messing with my head”

Breathe Again-Toni Braxton: If ur suicidal and need blackmail to hold onto your love..."...i promise u i promise u that i shall never breathe again!"

all in all for those in love...or young at heart have a wonderful vals. eat chocolates to ur hearts content,exchange gifts...live love!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Nicko!Vals, Another day you get to spend with your
self.Sad.Ama is it pathetic ama a mix of both?


Daud el rude.

2/05/2005 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing wrong with wht uv sed but clearly.........shit happens.u need to get a life.

2/05/2005 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need not worry...look at it this way. You are saving loads of cash. Vals is a very expensive day.

2/05/2005 4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. what about a song for the Kenyans?

"Harusi yetu na we peke..imevunjika ....(sijui this bit)..turungi bila sukari... (pia hapa sijui)....piri pi pi pi pi ma ya ya!"

If go to Nyeri and sing that song..I guarantee you will get a date

- Kui

2/07/2005 3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home