Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Oscars 2005


Jamie Foxx:I must admit as much as Jamie Foxx deserved it-i honestly didnt think they'd actually give it to a black actor so soon...am happy cause finally recognition was given where it was due!!!! lets jump up and down in ululation.My God this guy has come such a long long way.Remember him as Roc's annoyin retarded neighbour?
after watchin ray it was obvious his one talented mother-fanta!! he captured the essence of Ray-each mannerism. Outstanding acting!!!!!
Many critics said he over acted...is inexperienced as an actor-in reference to movies like Booty Call...washindwe!!!!!!

and i'd like to thank the cacademy for not being biased this time!!!


Morgan Freeman:-atleast he has finally won an oscar...typical of oscars he'll just have to be content with supporting actor...like all others, worthy of the bigger prize. It was long over due


Clint Eastwood-this oakwood tree has been around for a long long time...so what the hell let him scoop 2more awards-best pic and best director.atleast this time he deserves them-watch UNFORGIVEN and get back to me.

As for Scorcese losing again-woishe!


Hilary Swank-hooray for her(sarcasm in voice). 2oscars in a life time with a perfect score of 2nominations 2wins(excuse me while i tickle my uvula-see what i ate for lunch)...she just came and won unlike all the other damsels in disgrace who have waited and waited and waited...Annete Benning,Laura Linney,heck even Kate winslet(though was not routing for her-i was prayin for Annete-since BUGSY!)

Many numerous blacks have been nominated(Oprah,Whoopi,Samuel L. Jackson,Will Smith,Queen Latifah,Angela Basset,Lawrence Fishburne,Alfre Woodard)...i wonder if any will win again so soon-let alone get nominated...only time will tell.

6 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

your english teachers are being struck down by lightning as i read this.. the grammar, spelling and punctuation is nothing short of horrific! woyi..

3/01/2005 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once nicko, una point. Jammie Fox was good.For a moment there I thought you would be hating because they did not nominate you for your part in HMS pinafore, knowing the attention hog( I mean the hog part literally)) that you are!!!. Kumbe you know class when you see it? I can see there might be hope after all.

Daud arap rude(Wacha tu...I going African on your ass)

3/01/2005 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denzel got the Oscar for Training Day before Jaime Foxx did for Ray- but I guess Jaime is more your pc black man.

3/01/2005 11:03 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

@anonymous-yes denzell won for trainin day but do u think he deserved it for trainin day as compared to malcolm x

@daud...its unanimous that thou are wasting ur hidden talents and should get urself thine own blog...

3/02/2005 8:42 AM  
Blogger Mshairi said...

I see I have a new moniker:-)

I love Hilary Swank. Her performance blew me away in the movie she won the first Oscar for - Boys Don't Cry and also Million Dollar Baby.

Denzel should have won the Oscar for Malcolm X not Training Day (his performance and the movie itself were not that outstanding in Training Day).

I agree with you about your pal Daud. He writes well (even when he is tearing your reputation apart:-) and I have always wondered why he doesnt have a blog.

3/02/2005 5:11 PM  
Blogger bee said...

I actually think that Million Dollar Baby deserved alll those oscars. I was kidogo like they are being racist but after watching MDB I understood. I loved it.

3/05/2005 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home