Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Random Post

Have been feeling too lazy to blog. Won't mention that apparently am uninspired, and the blog-block has returned reloaded. It also doesnt help that I have been having more fun in all of your blogs commenting and raising levels of cheap humor a notch higher. Its funny how blogging becomes not only about your own blog but the interaction with other bloggers. What started out being a solo concept becomes a communal project.

It's interesting how the Kenyan Blogsphere has expanded. In the beginning everyone stuck to themselves, it was even obvious that there were some cliques that stuck to themselves. But as it evolved, I'm impressed to see older bloggers (not old as in Old Blue Poet old...honest thats the last old joke am pulling on u!) interacting with newer bloggers. This interaction not being just a ploy to garner comments on their own blog-but interaction just for the purposes of interacting. Comments section have been like a meeting point for various bloggers and at times, funnily, disregarding either the post or the blog-owner! Which brings me back to my original point that this is plain fun.

In my brief stint here. I've had blog-wars. I've been disowned/threatened/and almost spat at. But I always come out with my head held high, feet on the ground, family pebbles retracted and ascended, dishevelled hair, pride and dignity shattered, humiliated nonetheless!(talk about a tough crowd to please!!!) I've been called names as much as I've nick-named others. I've been adopted by three sisters-boy oh boy christmas is coming round the corner or what??!!! Met four wonderful bloggers. Kept in touch with a quorum and even became friends with all of you. Got me a blog wife and a mistress-though right now Mr Machissmo is sleeping in the kennel! (Memo to self-keep such announcements private!) Wifey hasn't spoken to me in days and the Mistress is complaining of my dismal performance to say the least...maybe its the spidey boxers!!!

I have always argued that this is like some secret cult/silent organisation in which we exist in outside our normal world. You log on and off you dash to various sites, while the real world (well as far as I am concerned) remains oblivious to this blogshpere. We don't know each other fully, but what we know is just enough. (hint hint unleash your names Gaddamn it!) Each has a persona that we identify with, each fulfils a literary and almost social hunger that we desire to feed from. Strangers who are friends. People with false names but real identities...anyone seeing how creepy this is...people having symbols representing them...in the midst of all these unfamiliarity lies the bond that binds.(Godfather how are those rings coming along-not to mention secret handshake? jackets?....heck we can all meet in a tree-house slit out index fingers and swap blood swearing oaths of allegiance...)

From the political to religious. To the funny and silly and the entertainers. To the poetic and the romantics. To the randy and kinky and downright naughty. To those with personal stories to share, journey's they traverse, struggles they endure, life they bare-journals that chronicle their existence. To the critiques and the critics. The bad boys and the good girls, the good guys and the bad mama's. To the musical and the pictoral. Those studying or working abroad, those working or studying in Kenya...those going through growing pains and those going through some painful things. Those in search of answers and those curious with questions...the famous and infamous, the popular and hated...those ranting and raving about their split-ends/in-growing toe nails/zits/weight loss or gain/traumatic childhoods...yup an entire niche of human society that is comprised within this particular Blogsphere.

Anyway, as we can all tell I surely did digress. I am trying to work on posts coming up that involves all of you bloggers. A kind of News Broadcast on all of you and your escapades-told by different presenters who have their own opinions(not mine.) An expose on all of us, from fictional outsiders lookin in! Since am not getting paid for it i shall take my time-but be warned y'all will surely be mentioned. Am yet to work out on the details of the characters of the presenters. e.g

Laquitta (the ghetto fabulous fine ass diva)
Tyrone( the rabid dawg from the block)
Njeri ( the uncharming uncouth blatant housewife with 6kids)
Mutush (down to earth, kind hearted geeky freak-thats right-freak!)

Oh well, we'll see how that goes. Until later fair bloggers. Blog on!

21 Comments:

Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

about the hair....has it changed much from Acad days? apparently not! it's STILL dishevelled. Good to know sometings never change....:) l8r g8r

8/10/2005 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nagi!!! (and you know that wasn't a typo). Haven't read the post. I was just alerted to it by a person who shall remain nameless. They said you were bringing my character into disrepute..

What do you mean I haven't spoken to you? I emailed you yesterday. My email was at least 2 lines longer than your feeble 1 line note (and that is including the Subject line!)

Anyway..the very first episode of Lost has just began...so I shall return to this post..

Ngombe wewe...

8/10/2005 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a lovely, lovely post nephew (proud and pleased to be adopted by you too).

You know something, I miss the blog wars:)

8/10/2005 10:54 PM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

waiting to see what you got to say about us.

8/10/2005 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nick, i get what you mean. Blogfamily has become a second family to me. It feels like we know each other. Although we are different we have one thing in common Blogging

8/11/2005 9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely you didn't just say "family pebbles"? Nick you're a mwenda! But we still love you!

Can I be a consultant on that KBW soapie you're developing?

8/11/2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger Prousette said...

nicko; I can see you just earned more names to the list you already had Ng'ombe? Ouch what did you do?
Am looking forward to the soap and love having met all of you blogally speaking. That is not a typo either.

8/11/2005 10:58 AM  
Blogger Blue said...

Nick,
I was passing by and I noticed that you have a recent post. It was well done EXCEPT .......Ehhh- ' Older bloggers but not as old as the OLD BLUE POET'- That better the last age joke from you kiddo!!!!

chunga marima!!!!

Blue

8/11/2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

oooh i cant wait to see what you shall create!!! that was such a great post! this blogworld is addictive! its like this virtual big brother or something, its great! i love it love it love it!

8/11/2005 1:53 PM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

@Blue - gee, by the time i got to your name, I knew this Child had bitten more that he can chew. Nick, you do know without your shrivelleds (Hi Milo) you wouldnt be much use to me eh? Keep out of Blue's Kikuyu side, or you might fall into one of those Marimas.

This was such fun reading and even if like me you have gone all lazy and dont feel like writing, at least you have a functional brain.
*sigh* Good work.

Hey, dont go starting new projects without finishing old ones first, what happened to the pairing of people - I was looking forward to that *goes into a sulk and considers prolonging the dog-house lodging* :)

8/11/2005 3:30 PM  
Blogger Nyakehu said...

Hello Nephew good blog you do come up with some interesting ones like one where you were halfway to that mental institution when it comes to your blogfamily.

8/11/2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Milonare said...

Hey roomie!!

Niaje na hiyo collabo bana? The blog fingers are itching...

Poor Blue... Umemweza kabisa...

@guess
Enyewe, bila those the mistress will be in distress...

8/11/2005 6:57 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

@stunuh:nope i shave my hair nowadys-ok atleast once every 2months

@wifey:(wipin tears) has our love been reduced to countin email lines...is this what we have been reduced to...airing our laundry in public...makin me stoop to cheap levels like revealin Ian Somerhalder's character gets killed later on in lost...love u! mwa!

@mshairi:its official!!! Blog War2 is on-this time its with BLUE!!!

@farmgal: its gonna be fictional remember so there may be casualties(read comment on Guess below!)

@shiro:bloggin just rocks doesnt it!?

@Ms K:i'll email u once i get started on the thing then tellme what u think...as for the love hope i got ur back in the on going war that about to start(read comment on Guess below)

@Prousette: and imagine that was added by my blog-wife...excuse me while i retrieve the knife from my back!!!!

@kipepeo: enyewe its a reality thing happenin...without the voting though

@guees: hey thanks for reminding me i had forgotten about that-infact it maybe my next post-heck i could incorporate it with new idea e.g

Lequita: "Oooh i hear that girl Guess been creepin on the side with Akiey!!!"
Njeri:"Maheni! Get out of hiya!!! So is he, the one who took the pictures of her legs???" "Is that why she's not blogging of late?"
Lequita:Child! She made him-practically had him at gun point! She was all ghetto on the brother told him 'look here akiey! Nick aint around, u is, now baby zoom in!!!"
Njeri:No wonder his been having nightmares...

@nyakehu: hey aunty-am happy ur a fan,and even honored when u comment

@milonare:unleash ur email then i'll throw u some works in progress. but ebu start thinkin of matchmaking bloggers!!!

@blue
-ati u were passing by in your walkin aid...can i proceed or you will need a rest?
-haki you have gone even to insunaete am jealous of your female fan base-na unaleta compe?! Ebu waulize???
-am even surprised you remember what teeth are?

ITS OFFICIAL:WAR HAS BEEN DECLARED TO THE OLD REPUBLIC OF BLUE POET.

8/11/2005 7:29 PM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

LOL to the nth term - Nick we tight brah, that Akiey is like a brada to me, I swear its all rumours, they is all jealous of my legs and want to slander my name so you can drop me as a mistress and take them. Dont listen baby, or the handcuffs are out.

"You have the right to remain silent..."

8/11/2005 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do know I am on your side in this war with Blue, don't you? Money is being poured to persuade me to side with the enemy, but you know and I know I would never do that!

What's this about a blog concubine?

8/11/2005 10:32 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

aren't you employed by the Government to be fixing people's meno? is that the reason why public health is in shambles, when people like you are busy blogging eh?!

i can imagine any one of Laquitta, Tyrone, Njeri or Mutush will be kanyangaing me now that i have spoken out eh?!

get Daud to guest-blog here!

8/11/2005 11:52 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Nick!? I catch up on sleep & Lequita is bad-mouthing me like I was some piece of bad hair weave!? About time I welded a NCC drain cover on her mouth to stop the &*^*^ from barking at me (fumes coming out of my ears!)! Tyrone, plz call Sheneneh on her, bruh!
NB: I thought/knew Guess was Nick's cradee (cradestine rove intelest)so why would I wanna creep with her? Plus she is like a sistoh-Oh & my nightmares would scare anyone off.
Blog wars? not strong enuff for that, I'll let anyone interested fight my shadow.

8/12/2005 12:44 AM  
Blogger Kenya Democracy Project said...

Nicholas:

Just wanted to say that you are one of the best Kenyan writers I have come across in blogosphere. Keep it up...

Onyango Oloo
Montreal

8/12/2005 8:02 AM  
Blogger Melissa Omino said...

nick u better deliver as promised on all that mambo about the blogosphere commentary by those crazily named people (ati lequita?)...soon no, not soon NOW or else I can arrange a Silas-like character to infilrate blog world and torture you to confess all the details...

8/12/2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

You are throwing stones at the police station aren't you. Let the games begin.

8/12/2005 2:43 PM  
Blogger kipepeo said...

His succulent pot belly.... prominent forehead.... untrimmed nose-hairs...arrogant demeanour adds a little air of rugged musculinity, I must add! Trust me if i was a wild pig i'd bare him healthy piglets with pride...my favorite bit!!! Where did you get the name lequitta from!! and hell yeah, ati delousing my hair! lice...kipepeo...no he didnt! my lawyers letter are being DHL'd as we speak!!

8/16/2005 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home