Wednesday, December 14, 2005

On Leave

After a long arduos year, I took my leave...so Nyeri see you till 23Jan. So, what are my goals for the leave? Have set up some soul searching goals/hopefully travel plans...I need to work things out and had started attacking them last week full throttle, but come this week they have not bore fruit so I'm one stressed out nigga. This totally defeats the whole idea of leave...you are supposed to be worry free...not in a bad mood when stuff ain't workin out. I didn't wait a whole year to go on leave for crap to be happening during the leave. The whole of today and yesterday, after the disappointing news I just bumbed the whole say. I will say I was a little disapponted, depressed, a little suicidal, nothing like indulging in self pity...but I can say the light is shining at that end of that tunnel..or i just made it shine. For some reason I am now smiling and not giving a DAMN! If this is your very definition of mood swings then its sure as hell rocks! But enough with seeing your hopes dashed, trickle of sunshine shadowed..enough of all that-it has happened before, its happening now...I'm just gonna roll with the punches and NOT GIVE UP!

Its funny when I tell guys I am not in a good mood or that I am feeling low-they look at me and start laughing cause I am one of those guys who everyone is telling how low they are feeling cause am the chirpy one that never gets down! HA squared!

Anyway for some reason I just got over that whole CRAP of self pity..or is it LOOKING down on myself and I am back to my good old spirits. Now I'll tell you, this past two days of pure BUMMING despite the downside-staying with pyjamas day in day out, uncombed hair...were also yummy! For those who know my source of pleasure and joy-SHOUT OUT TO PATRON SAINT OF TV!

I cleared First Season of THE WIRE, first 9 episodes of COMMANDER IN CHIEF, finished the last 6 episodes of PRISON BREAK...not to mention the week before i cleared the first 8 episodes of SMALLVILLE V, ALIAS V, LOST II, DESPARATE HOUSEWIVES II...now this is a COUCHTATO post but i have THE WIRE II&III waiting, ROME, GREYS ANATOMY II, APPRENTICE III, MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE, SIX FEET UNDER IV-V and a whole lot more...

I'd love to discuss these killer shows and spoil as well for individuals e.g Shannon dies in Lost...but this is not the time or the place...

Definitely, I need a social life...but who needs that when u have this! So, bye bye mood swing...I'm gonna get lost in fiction...and swallow all the pessimissm/cheap self guilt trips...I'm moving on smiling with a prayer in mind and a remote on my hand!

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTF!!!How did this happen!And I had insider info?!I shoulda been first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

12/14/2005 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway all I can tell you is to enjoy your leave to the max!!Self pity is pathetic coz it doesnt do you much good but being pensive rocks.You watch those shows for me boy!Coz despite having extended cable I sure as hell ain't!

12/14/2005 10:22 PM  
Blogger spicebear said...

so much for not spoiling lost. and he way i had planned to catch up the backlog i had - menn!

embrace those moodswings - feeling crappy tends to push you into a better mood cos you know how good you can have it by taking it easy. besides, sometimes wallowing is the best.

need i add that for once i'm not number 24 but actually in the top three ... i'm getting better at this!

12/15/2005 12:19 AM  
Blogger Msanii_XL said...

"I need to work things out and had started attacking them last week full throttle"... the gut gotsa go..he he

don't sweat the wallowing though..two chins up(i swear that the last fatty joke) lol,brighter days are ahead...

btw saw you earlier leo, was just leaving for the work

12/15/2005 2:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lukcy you! I asked my mdosi for leave and the guy burst out laughing!

12/15/2005 10:46 AM  
Blogger Farmgal said...

At least you are in good company (you your telly and your remote)

you have earned yourself a beating ...how can you just drop a bombshell ati sijui who dies in lost. under the the covers kiyana

I pray things get better for you. Enjoy your leave

12/15/2005 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha - not only does this spoiler do it to me, he now goes full throttle and does it for the whole KBW (dancing here)... You do know your ass is toast dude? Right? No? Well, now yu do - you better couch 'tato it for the next couple of weeks coz your ass mine. Get a bodyguard, better yet, get a dog - ahh, no, get your mum :)

We all go through the ups and downs - and yes, the downs make you appreciate the ups. I am on an up now and hope that stays.

@Msanii - LOL you couldnt help yourself, eh?

12/15/2005 12:54 PM  
Blogger akiey said...

Hey Nick, forget worries & problems. Enjoy that muhfkkr (not a typo) of a leave and end the year in style.
-infact, while you're at it get a huge goat keeper's stick and whistle as you herd together all the errant Jamhuri-based KBW and those coming home on vacation so you can all have a blogmeet. Take pics & you all come back and tell about it.

-Enjoy bro #2 and eat lots of mutura, njugu karanga & cubed sugarcane for me(not togther,lol!)_

12/15/2005 2:53 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

@aco:both of u were having insider trading deals guess it was the fastest..enyewe pensiveness rocks big time. shame on u and not knowin what to do with cable
@Poi:ur words of encouragemnt are actually workin u are good at this
@spice:Yes Shannon dies in season 2 after Boone DIES in season 1.
@Nick:i kill me..damn i love spoilers
@msanii:u know i read that in the morning and had a real good laugh..kwanza ati 2chins up...yaani i wont even spoil that moment wit a cheap shot
@Raymond:Yup thinks do work themsleves out...oh Boston Legal have heard about it but bila access...will Boston Public do???
@M:yup 30 working days leave...but with each day, i get closer to returnin...sob sob.LOL at ur mdosi hee hee hee
@Farmgal:thanks babe. sometimes my remote is my best friend :))
@Guess:I am getting scared kinda like Msanii when he wakes up dry...u know ur grateful but what is the catch.
@Bro#1:kwanza am #3,#2will not be amused kwanza he may be in town. but all the same i will feast on ur behalf-good lookin out

12/15/2005 6:28 PM  
Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

@wangari+guess+spice:ha ha ha if only u realise its the black kid they want not claire's baby..did i mention people in the back of the plane had survived and some kids were abducted????

12/15/2005 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

N.I.C.H.O.L.A.S....!!!!!
I swear I will literally kill you - shut ya mouth..er..fingers.

12/15/2005 9:33 PM  
Blogger Shaggy said...

Yeah, thats the spirit dude, read the last paragraph over again and live it.... Enjoy the break...

12/15/2005 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, Nick Boston Public won't do; Boston Legal is the shit.

Enjoy your Vacation.

12/16/2005 12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very long leave - enjoy it love!

I have been watching Rome - superb (although quite violent) all the way through.

12/18/2005 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am doing a jig here and there because i am 14 here, not bad hehe.
I know why you are sufferin from all that you know...I just dumped you, i understand we can still talk.
Nice week

12/19/2005 7:59 AM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

Son what is the point of fiction if not a hiding place? Sometimes the stresses of life are so much that if there wasn't that world of make-believe some of us would have done drastic things. Enjoy the break!!!

12/19/2005 5:03 PM  
Blogger gishungwa said...

hi spidey i envy you that xmas has a meaning and that youa re on leave. I cannot go on leave and worse even is that i will be working over the holidays. Si tutaonana at the usual. Enjoy yourself and happy holidays.

12/21/2005 8:35 AM  
Blogger Nakeel said...

You very well know your small siz is not in good mood especially that she will be working.. Nwei enjoy ur kaleave..
Merry Xmass and Happy new year..

12/21/2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

my friend (and i use that term very loosely).. you really need to get out of the house, and get a life.

and as Rachel once said, have a shitty xmas and a crappy new year.. :-)

12/23/2005 8:36 PM  
Blogger moggaless said...

I really wanted to write something but I guess this song says much more..

Seize The Day

I know a girl who was schooled in Manhattan
She reads dusty books and learns phrases in Latin
She is an author, or maybe a poet
A genius but it's just this world doesn't know it
She works on her novel most every day
If you laugh she will say

chorus:
Seize the day, seize whatever you can
'Cause life slips away just like hourglass sand
Seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand
Then nothing will stand in your way
Seize the day

Well I know a doctor, a fine young physician
Left his six-figure job for a mission position
He's healing the sick in an African clinic
He works in the dirt and writes home to the cynics
He says "We work through the night so most every day
As we watch the sun rise we can say

chorus

Well I know a man who's been doing some thinking
He's as bitter and cold as the whiskey he's drinking
He's talking 'bout fear, about chances not taken
If you listen to him you can hear his heart breaking
He says "One day you're a boy and the next day you're dead
I wish way back when someone had said

chorus

Well one thing I've noticed, wherever I wander
Everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander
You can do what you will with the days you are given
I'm trying to spend mine on the business of living
So I'm singing my songs off of any old stage
You can laugh if you want, I'll still say

12/24/2005 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home