Tuesday, May 16, 2006

KBW ADMIN


KBW Admin Team member



Introduction


The Kenyan Blogs Webring (KBW) has grown steadily over the past two years and rate of growth increases month on month. We have come to recognise that many of our new members and some of our older members are not aware of the admin team and the role it plays in the running of KBW. This post aims to answer some of those questions and provide an opportunity for you to ask more.

The admin team is made of six bloggers including myself.

My colleagues on this team are :

We are spread over three continents and 9 time zones reflecting the wide geographical base of the KBW members. In addition, we have a 50/50 gender split on our admin team which again reflects the nature of KBW. This team has been together for almost a year now.

What do we do?

So what do we do? First and foremost, we are the support mechanism for KBW. Either directly though our interaction with bloggers or indirectly through the services we provide on our website KenyaUnlimited. This support ranges from html issues to general blogging advice.

The admin team is also a decision making body. All decisions regarding matters to do with the webring are debated honestly and vigorously amongst us until we come to a decision. An example of some the recent decisions we have taken are the composition, timing, and running of the Kaybees, the Kenyan Blogs Awards.

Apart from these two roles we do general administrative work for the webring, for example,

* building the information database and actively keeping our site bilingual;
* actively seek out positive PR for the webring and its members;
* investigating the role we can play as a socially responsible organisation;

All of these centred around building a community of and for Kenyan and Kenyan friendly bloggers and raising the level of blogging debate amongst that community.

Admin blog

We have also set up an admin blog [url] where important and appropriate decisions and actions taken by admin regarding KBW will be posted as and when necessary.

Contact us

Each member of the admin team now has a personal email address at KenyaUnlimited. Please feel free to contact me on any KBW matter at my email address which is nick [@] kenyaunlimited.com. I have sole access to this email address, although I may raise any issues that relate to KBW with my fellow admin members. Our main email address admin [@] kenyaunlimited.com remains the main point of contact for the admin team. Please note that this email address is accessed by all six admin members.

Finally

We want to emphasis that we are here as a support mechanism and not as a controlling body. Our focus is to build on the stable foundations we have laid together with you to turn the Kenyan Blogs Webring into a positive force wherever we and you are. Your suggestions, comments and interaction is not only welcome but highly appreciated.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nakeel said...

Thanks for the introduction #3..
I understand u camping at Sandies house can we talk at home infront of #1 and #2.. I hear there is a meeting..

5/16/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Uaridi said...

I have been very good: have left a comment on every Admin team member's post so here goes (copied from Mental's which I did last night - ignore the spelling errors), but the sentiment is the same. I truly appreciate all the work the team does for the webring.

Thank you for this post. It is clear to me now what the Admin team can or can’t do in the web.

In the first place, I wish to thank the team members for their hard work in supporting us. You were very patient with me when I joined the ring, patiently helping me with all the techno-geek things I loath.

Secondly, I hope this post will put an end to all the brouhaha about the power and control the admin has (looks like none) over the ring and its members. For those of us who hate conflict, brawls and fights, there have been times when I wished the Admin team was more like the police.

Lastly I wish to thank the Admin team for their hard work. I know that you volunteer you time and money (electricity, braodband/dailup) and creativity to ensure that our ring stands is unique and welcoming to all Kenyans. I especially love the banner.

(What I really meant to say is thank you Admin team)
I suppose I have to write one in Kiswahili too. Oh dear!! *sigh**

5/16/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

I am happily gonna cut and paste what I have said in others post - its hard coming up with new stuff when you are dealing with the same joke - in this case that you are actually a KBW admin - LOL does Nick do again.

*running off to Mshairi's blog to do a Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V - Whatchu gonna do, whatchu gonna do when we come for you?????

5/17/2006 12:22 AM  
Blogger Guessaurus said...

What does Nick do again I meant to ask - but hey, we all have our weaknesses..

*Looking to see if I have just been barred from KBW*
Dude, how was Nyeri :D

5/17/2006 12:26 AM  
Blogger Stunuh Jay said...

Yoohoooo!
Well nice to know who's who. Although I must say I'm very impressed with what y'all have achieved.
Now...
Nick, the truth please, what's thise about camping outside of people's houses, and having run in's with blue? What on earth are you upto? You do know I won't take sides, but I will laugh at you and give suggestions to Blue

5/17/2006 1:57 PM  
Blogger bomseh said...

so where can i find the log in page? i already registered but i've been unable to log in. please assist.
bomseh.

8/03/2006 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home